The Desert

The Desert

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Control

I have control issues.  I know that may come as a shock to those of you who know me (like my parents, who I think are the only ones who read this blog anyway...).  However, it is true.  I have control issues.  Just ask my parents.  Well.  You won't have to, because they will comment on this entry and confirm this. 

This past week has been a lesson from the powers that be that I am not in control of much and how to accept it gracefully.

I don't like to be confronted with my inability to control people, places and things.  Somewhere inside of me, I truly believe that if people would only listen to me and do exactly as I say, we all would be happier.  Both you AND me!!! 

It doesn't help that I am a Leo.  Once I read a description of a leo.  It said "You can always tell a Leo.  They will be the ones at a dinner party who tell the hostess that the food was good but would probably be better if they just did such and such.  And they will be right."  So even the stars say that I know better.  It's hard to fight against the stars...

So it's not my fault that I have control issues.

The other reason that I think that I have control issues, is because, in my opinion, both of  my parents have control issues.  They will deny this.  Watch.

Neither of my parents do very well working for other people.  They almost always come into conflict with other people at work, especially those who have authority over them.  They do best when they are self employed.

I have pretty much been self employed my whole life.  Except for a couple of stints working at restaurants.  Which never went over very well.  I was not a good waitress.  So, I always went back to my old stand by.  Childcare.  It is something I can do on my own and nobody tells me what to do through out the day.  It works for me. 

I think it is also one of the reasons I opted for stand up as opposed to acting.  In stand up, you are the writer, director, agent, producer, star. 

I gravitated toward what I am a natural for. 

Well, I am not so sure that the work thing is a problem with wanting to be in control or a problem with authority.  It could be either, it could be both.

Either way, my opinion is that it isn't my fault.  It is bad genes and being born under a bossy star sign. 

I can't help it.  I am bossy and controlling.  If you don't like it, too bad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oppss, I too am a Leo. Damned good zodiac, I must admit.

Anonymous said...

Every family has a powerhouse, the one in control. In your sister Katrina's case, never mind the fact that she is a lawyer and participates in professional tribunals, the powerhouse is her three-year old daughter, Caitlin. Everyone knows it. In your family, you are the powerhouse, the one in control. You can not help it. As you have rightly suggested, it is in your genetic system. I was always in control but now that I am old (your father), I bequeath the laurel wreath to you.

Amanda said...

Since you haven't been here in two years and haven't seen the girls since they were unable to speak, I am sure you will see, when you arrive here on Sunday, that the powerhouse has changed. We are living with two fire signs, Aries, who are 2 and 3. They rule the house now. Ask their father.

Anonymous said...

I seriously doubt that mere little girls could control you or your household. 'Nuff said.