The Desert

The Desert

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mahane Yehuda

Mahane Yehuda is a huge market in Jerusalem.  I have lived in Israel for almost 5 years, in February and the first time that I came here was about a month ago.  I have really not seen the tourist sites in Jerusalem.  Jenn's sister in laws boyfriend (do you follow that?) kept asking if I had seen this or that place in Israel and I kept saying no.  It's so sad that there is this beautiful country and I haven't seen much of it.  So filled with history and I have bypassed most of it. 

Today I had booked someone to take care of my daycare for Jenn's visit, but Jenn has travelled north and left yesterday during shabbat, so it was not possible for me to accompany them.  Plus, I didn't want to take too many days off of work - it costs me money!!! 

So today, I find myself in Jerusalem, at the shuk (market) sitting having a coffee.  David has gone to sort out some things at a governmental office and I considered doing some shopping, but I don't want to carry around bags and stuff, plus, I needed to eat and have a coffee.  So I will wait for a bit to see how long it will take him and then at 12 I have to be somewhere. 

The shuk is amazing.  There are people strolling all over, tourists and Israeli's alike.

Here you can pick up good deals.  Fruits and vegetables tend to be much cheaper here and you can pick up bargains on clothes as well.  I am wearing a Mahane Yehuda special, in fact, that I picked up last week, when I was here with Jenn.


No comments: