The Desert

The Desert

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Awakenings

It's 10 minutes to seven in the morning. Usually I am not awake at this time, but I woke up at 5 and haven't been able to get back to sleep. But now I am getting tired. Emil is still sleeping, which is unusual as he normally wakes up at 6/6:30. But he went to bed late last night as he is now in this extra class twice a week after school where he is learning thinking and learning strategies. The teacher is very impressed by him and says he has a spark for learning which just needs to be nurtured, and with such nurturing, he could go on to be very successful. How is that for pressure at 6 years old?
Emil also got an award for being the best behaved kid at school last week. He was very proud of himself for getting this. I told him that I loved him last night and that I was very proud of him. He told me that he loved me, even when I put him on the naughty chair, he loved me. I think this comes from a period of time where he would think that I didn't love him when I was upset with him or if I put him on the naughty chair. I told him and have told him repeatedly, that I will always love him and that I love him no matter what. It is cute when they use things back at you and it shows that he understands what I am saying, the idea that I love him all the time. This, I think is more important for me than for David, as I am still the newcomer in his life and even though he loves me and trusts me, I think there is still a part of him that doesn't know if I am really going to stay. And he is still getting to know me. He's such a great kid.
I went to the doctor yesterday. Just a monthly check up. I have to go for another urine test and an ultrasound, just to check that the baby is growing normally. I have now gained approximately 28 pounds, which is incredible to me. I only gained 1 kilo in Canada, and since I have been home (a month) I gained 4 kilos. Technically, 28 pounds isn't so bad, as the reccommended amount is 25 to 35. So, if I can somehow manage to only gain 7 pounds in the next two and a half months, I will be fine.
I am starting to freak out about organizational stuff. David and I still have to decide on a hospital where to give birth. There is a hospital in Tel Aviv that is a private hospital, but it looks so nice, but I don't think that I will do it there, due to financial constraints. We also need to find a birthing class. David has this superstition that we can't buy anything for the baby before it is born, this is his side's superstition, which is adding stress as I am thinking of all the things we will need immediately, like a car seat and clothes and diapers and wipes and blankets and stuff like that. His sister said that I can buy clothes for it but just not store it in my room. But then, I feel like if I start buying things now, it is bad luck, as I am only 7 1/2 months pregnant and there are still 2 and a half months to go...My superstition.
I watched I Am Sam last night. It was on TV. I didn't cry because I knew the ending, as I had seen it before, but I really felt like crying. I am super sensitive these days, especially when it comes to relationships between parents and children. I can't get the movie out of my head though. I just keep seeing the kids face when she was with her Dad. That little Dakota Fanning! And Sean Penn did amazing work in that movie.
Well that is all for now folks. I want to wake up the boys.

No comments: