The Desert

The Desert

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Well, I went to the doctor today. I am 16 weeks pregnant. I was concerned as I had had some bleeding last week after a night when I had done something private with my husband...The doctor doesn't seem to be overly concerned but on Sunday I am going back to the doctor who gave us the 3D pictures for more tests and I am to ask him about the placenta, where it is sitting. If it is too low, it is called placenta previa and that could be why I bled. But she checked and it seems that I have blood on the outside of the cervix, which is not a big deal, I guess. In the meantime, David and I have to refrain from sex until I see the other doctor and we can determine whether or not the placenta is low. I told David, that this child is already ruining our sex life...And making me worry constantly about it...
I am still pretty tired. I seem to need a lot of sleep. This morning I woke up at 8:30 because I had the doctors appointment today. That means I had about 7 hours of sleep. That just isn't enough anymore. I am pretty tired now. I am making soup for lunch for Emil and I and I am also going to have a grilled cheese sandwich fried in a pan to go with it. I notice that when I get hungry now, it starts as a pang and then it gets crazy ravenous in a very short period of time. The other day I went to get my hair highlighted and it took 2 and a half hours and I didn't eat before I went and I was starving for the whole thing and all I could think about was leaving to go eat. It didn't help that the hair salon is right next to a pizza place and hamburger joint.
I have gained about 7 pounds from the beginning. Actually, I have gained 7 pounds in the last month. That is incredible. My stomach is definitely puffy now and it looks pregnant to me. It is kind of cool. But hard for someone who had struggled with self image problems all her life. That is why I went to get my hair done. I also got my eyebrows and mustache waxed too. It did help until I saw my stomach...Oh well, I will hopefully get used to it.
I am thrilled to have maternity clothes now. It is so much more comfortable. I still need to buy more. I went last week to a mall where I had never been in our city and where the only maternity shop that I am aware of is located. It was nice. Emil helped me pick out the clothes. I also bought a nursing bra, it was the only maternity bra that they had. It has lessened the pain of my breasts.
I am becoming more and more forgetful. Today I went to the doctor and my name wasn't on the list and I can't figure out if it was my mistake or theirs. I am pretty sure my appointment was for today, but I may have mixed it up. This is now a possibility. I am usually so good at remembering thing. Not so much now.
I have been watching Starting Over, we get all the old episodes. One of the girls, Josie had a baby and it does not look pleasant. It freaks me out. David just laughs when I tell him I want to keep the baby inside and let it be born from my head. I say I am going to just cough and it will be born, no pain, no trouble. It is scary having a baby. I told David that he has to be in the room the whole time and he doesn't get to leave for smoke breaks or anything! That's it. When we first met he said he wouldn't want to be in the room for the delivery, part of it had to do with Jewish law, but there are loopholes to that law and ways that you can still be in the room and be there. So he WILL be in the room, whether he likes it or not!
Well, that's the update on the pregnancy for now.

No comments: