The Desert

The Desert

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Missing Everyone

Was so sad today. I think I am having the moodswings that I didn't get in the first trimester. I was cleaning the house for shabbat and feeling ever so frustrated by the dirt, dog hair, pee on the floor from a 5 year old and I just started crying. I couldn't get my internet to work so I had to call the internet provider and battle my way there and while she was asking me to check things, I accidentally unplugged the phone and we got cut off, so when I called back, I had to go through all the Hebrew choices again and then I just pressed 0, which is my foolproof method of getting through to someone who speaks English and then finally I was put through to someone who told me that they had to get someone to call me back and in the meantime, I cleaned. Emil's room, which for some reason is like a sandbox, this kid is a magnet for sand, I don't know why. Then the bathroom. I was having trouble with the hot water again, as we turn off the hot water heater at night because it is heated by gas and it is expensive to keep it on all night. I had this same problem last night, I just wanted to take a bath last night. I am suffering from sinusitis, so I thought that if I took a hot bath, it would help me. But there was no hot water and when I figured out what was wrong, why it wasn't heating up, it was 9:30 at night, so by the time I got a bath it was 10:30 and I was so frustrated as there wasn't even enough hot water to fill up the bath to a good depth and I was exhausted and I just wanted to go to sleep, but I took a mini bath. Then this morning, after the crap with the internet and feeling frustrated as I feel like we are living in limbo, just waiting to come home and nothing feels organized in the house, I just started to cry, missing my Ikea furniture from home and hating this apartment. I miss my oriental rugs and my Ikea duvet cover which I can't get here, because they don't have the color I want at the Ikea here. I ran out of Tylenol, imported from Canada, which was also a bad thing, because it is the only medicine that helps me when I have a headache or sinus pain and you can still take it when you are pregnant. I went to the Pharmacy tonight and asked for something that you can take when you are pregnant and they gave me acamol, it is supposed to be the same as Tylenol. I hope so. I also asked for something for my sinuses and they directed me towards some homeopathic nose sprays that are for children. I have both of the ones here that they reccommended, as we had gotten them for Emil. I used one and sprayed it into my nose and lo and behole, my nose pain and headache are gone. It seems like as I soon as I started converting, my sinuses started acting up. I wonder if there is a connection. I have had many problems with my nose too, since I have been in Israel.
I miss home. I miss my friends an awful lot. I think of all the things that I had planned to do when I was pregnant, prenatal yoga, prenatal exercise, etc. They don't have those things in Ashdod. I may have to brave Tel Aviv. But yesterday when I was at the doctor, I found that there is a massage clinic there too, so maybe next week I can go for a massage. That would be great. But mostly, I just miss my life. I miss talking to my girlfriends on the phone, or going for coffee or walking out and running into people I know. Going to meetings when I needed to. My Jewish community. Most days now, I am okay, but every once in awhile, I just get sad. That is why it means so much to hear from you guys. Really.
I miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss you very much amanda
lots of love to you
a