The Desert

The Desert

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Life with baby, day 74.

Chaya is asleep. I am tired. As per usual. She sleeps well at night though. Anywhere from 6 to 7 hours at a time, then a brief session of feeding and back to sleep for another 2 and a half hours. This morning we woke up at 7:30. Well, actually, she started making noises at 7, but I stick the pacifier in her mouth a few times, like she is an alarm clock and I am pressing the snooze button. She had pooped, hence her fussiness. Plus, then she wants to feed as she is starving. My little monkey. She still has a temper, when I don't satify her demand quickly enough, her crying turns into hysterics. Sometimes it is funny to watch this tiny little thing exert her power. She is growing so fast. It is unbelievable how fast they grow at this age. I am amazed by her everyday and everyday I feel closer and closer to her. I didn't have love at first sight. I was interested in her, but I think the shock of having her and the shock that this little thing came out of me was too unbelievable. It took me awhile to really feel bonded. It came more when she started smiling. Now she waits for me and when I smile she smiles. She waits to see what I am going to do to entertain her. She really thinks I am funnier than Jerry Seinfeld. It is so gratifying. I wonder if Jerry Seinfeld was offended when his kids thought their mommy was the funniest thing on earth. I would be, as a comic, offended if she thought David was funnier than me. That will never happen...Haha.
Am finding it hard to lose the baby weight. I gained weight in places I never thought I possibly could. The tops of my arms are fat. My hips have grown. I still can't fit into my prepregnancy clothes. It is rather alarming. I need to look up weight watchers on the net for Israel. I am a lifetime member but as I haven't been in ages, I don't know if it gets cancelled. I don't think I even have the card anymore that identifies me as a lifetime member...
Anyway, just a quick update on life with baby.

No comments: